19 Nov Happy International Women’s Day!
Posted at 12:43h in Uncategorized
Thank you to all the Strong Women Entrepreneurs for your contribution for all you do each day and especially for leading the way in today’s economy!
Amazing statistics of Women-led businesses!
- Women are the majority owners of about 15.6 percent of Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs) with one or more employees.
- Women control more than $20 trillion in annual spending. Predictions are that this number will go up to $28 trillion in the next few years.
- Women now own 37% of small businesses.
- 2% of self-employed indigenous people are women.
- Women are in charge of more than 46% of private businesses in Ghana.
- Uganda and Vietnam have over 30% of women-owned companies.
- Women-owned businesses statistics show that female ownership rate is under 10% in the countries of the Middle East, but these women are more likely to do international business.
- In the last 20 years, the number of businesses owned by women in the US has increased by 114%.
- The yearly growth of women in business has been 4.2% in the last 12 years.
- Women own four out of ten businesses in the US. Faster than women-owned businesses is the growing number of companies owned by women of color.
- An average rate of growth has been 163% in the last 45 years, women in business statistics estimate. In the past two years, women have started more than 1,500 new companies.
- Almost 90% of businesses owned by women generate no more than $100,000 yearly.
- COVID hit women-owned businesses the hardest. Women are the most resilient business owners in the marketplace.
Today, we are Celebrating Women Around the World!